REPORTS FOCUSED ON WESLEY WOLVERINE SOFTBALL
AS WELL AS RELATED FASTPITCH NEWS & INFORMATION

Wesley softball homepage: athletics.wesley.edu/sports/sball/index

Monday, November 17, 2014

MIA HAMM

Advice from a soccer champion
Mia Hamm on goals,
on the field and in life


Quotes from Mia Hamm, who is a retired American professional soccer player. Mia played many years for the United States women's national soccer team.
 

Mia Hamm @ goodreads
MANY PEOPLE SAY I'M THE BEST WOMEN'S SOCCER PLAYER in the world. I don't think so. And because of that, someday I just might be.”

TAKE YOUR VICTORIES, whatever they may be, cherish them, use them, but don't settle for them.”

THE BACKBONE OF SUCCESS IS...hard work, determination, good planning, and perseverance.”

THE VISION OF A CHAMPION is bent over, drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when nobody else is looking.”

A WINNER IS that person who gets up one more time than she is knocked down.”

I’VE WORKED TOO HARD and too long to let anything stand in the way of my goals. I will not let my teammates down, and I will not let myself down.”

SOMEWHERE BEHIND THE ATHLETE you've become and the hours of practice and the coaches who have pushed you is a little girl who fell in love with the game and never looked back... play for her.”

IT ISN'T SACRIFICE if you love what you're doing.” 

CELEBRATE WHAT YOU'VE ACCOMPLISHED, but raise the bar a little higher each time you succeed.”

FAILURE HAPPENS ALL THE TIME. It happens every day in practice. What makes you better is how you react to it.”
                _________
MY COACH SAID I RAN LIKE A GIRL, I said if he could run a little faster he could too.”
                _________